Thursday, August 11, 2011

Taste of Chicago - Garrett's Popcorn

Garrett's Popcorn
Multiple Chicago locations


Scenario: You have been walking up and down Michigan Ave. You have strolled through the gardens at the Art Institute. You are hungry but do not want to ruin your dinner appetite or reservations. What do you do??? Get on that smart-phone and find the closest Garrett's popcorn. They are everywhere and trust me, you will know you are in the right vicinity when you smell the caramel and/or see the lines of people.

Garrett's have been around for over 60 years and serving up gourmet popcorn goodness to the masses. One taste and you are a fan. Each time I have gone to Garrett's, I walk out with the largest shopping bag. Friends and co-workers find out I am headed to Chicago and they start putting in orders. Lucky me!!! What a time I have with my own personal items, a load of popcorn and TSA.


My favorite Garrett's flavor is the caramel crisp. Who knew it was possible to make caramel popcorn taste so rich and buttery. My co-workers enjoy the famous Chicago Mix (cheese corn and caramel mix). If you have never had the mix, it sounds wacky but once you taste it, you will want more.

**A-List Tip - Do not let the lines intimidate you. They move quickly and so worth the few minutes. Hey, use that time to check your emails or people watch. Plus, Garrett's Popcorn was listed as one of Oprah's Favorite Things in 2010. C'mon.....OPRAH!!!

Happy Snacking!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment