Thursday, August 11, 2011

Taste of Chicago - Orange with a Peel

Orange with a Peel
River West
730 W Grand Ave
Chicago, IL 60654
(312) 942.0300

Brunch is my favorite weekend meal. Not quite breakfast (too early), not quite lunch (OMG, I am starving!!!)...that perfect in-between meal, on a casual Saturday. And sharing my favorite meal with, some of my people, just tops off everything!!!

Orange with a Peel is a cute, contemporary style restaurant located in the industrial side of Chicago, off West Grand Ave. It is also walking distance to one of the largest Salvation Army's I have ever seen. Hello and high 5 for consignment shopping. 

Orange with a Peel is "Home of Frushi" aka fruit sushi (see picture). Cute concept, right? Orange is all about fresh, locally grown products. The menu is filled with the savory and the sweet. Warning, the sweet options will have you in a sugar daze!!!

My recent trip to Chicago was not my first visit to Orange. I had the opportunity to dine there a couple months ago, with my "I can't take this cold" former Chicago resident friend and my mom. The food was good then and just as good the second go round. However, on my second trip, I did order one of the refreshing, signature juices (mango and ginger). Nice!!!

What did I order? I selected the "Build Your Own Scramble". I filled my scramble with yummy veggies and cheese...good stuff!!! My friends ordered items like the French Toast Kabobs, the Cinnamon Roll Pancakes and Green Eggs and Ham (ah, Dr, Seuss!). Our table was full of yummy goodness and shortly after, our bellies were full.

How did we work off such a hearty meal??? We walked over to the super Salvation Army and shopped for a couple hours. Great start to our Saturday in Chicago.

**A-List Tip - Call ahead and make reservations. Orange on West Grand is not very large and they get packed pretty fast. No secret, the food is good and everyone wants a seat.

Happy Dining!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment